ActivitiesSome of the many options to pursue technical collaborations with IITD, include :
Short-term collaboration activities, such as:
- Student Internship
- Corporate Training Programs
- Sposored MTech/PhDs
- Organizing Collaborative events
- Certifications courses and customized training/ M.Tech programs for corporates.
- Tech Festivals, CSR Contests, Guest Lectures etc.
Research Collaborations (1-3 years)
- Collaboration projects in selected domains with a joint agenda to address consumer needs and trends
- A model popular early on in the relationship and serves as a valuable stepping stone to develop trust and credibility before taking a leap into long-term strategic associations.
- IITD faculty is actively working with industry and conducted works on over 350 such projects with a total worth of over 35 crores in the past year alone.
Collaborations to influence company's strategy and IITD's future research to create a measurable societal impact (3-10 years)
- Platform to merge and drive a discovery-driven culture of IIT Delhi with the innovation-driven environment of the corporate.
- A possible model setting up-Centre of Excellence (COE) to focus on the areas of mutual interest and play on our combined intellectual capital, corporate expertise, and technical leadership.
- Better management, execution, and monitoring of joint projects. The model imparts better technical focus and efficient utilization of project in the longer run.
- Execution of one or multiple joint projects with an individual corporate partner under one umbrella. Enables high level of sustained focus and commitment for mutual benefit.
- Creation of central facilities to be shared by both partners.
- Mechanisms to translate new ideas through the proof of concept stage to start-ups.
- Training programs for academia and/or industry to hone skills for better performance.
- Collaborate and submit proposals for major academia-industry grants from government funding agencies.
- Conduit for future recruitment of top talent.
- Creating a stream of future recruits that significantly reduces training costs.